The White House
Government, Historic Site, Landmark
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW (btwn 15th St NW & 17th St NW)
Washington, DC 20500
- Foursquare co-founder Dennis Crowley checks in at the White House.
- Did you know the movie 'The Butler' was based on a story by Washington Post reporter Wil Haygood? The real Cecil Gaines is Eugene Allen. He served 34 years for eight presidents in the White House.
- Completed in 1800, The White House is the oldest public building in Washington, DC and has been the home of every president except George Washington.
- The President and Mrs. Obama invited Mama and D.J. Tony to join them for their Annual Easter Egg Roll on the front lawn. If you see Bo, tell him Ellen says hi.
- Check out the guards along the roof
- look out for the hidden snipers on the roof
- What would you want your secret service name to be? President Reagan's was "Rawhide" and Nancy's was "Rainbow."
- The President's official car is often called "Cadillac One." Most upgrades and customizations are state secrets.
- Dont miss the White House beehive and the First Ladys vegetable garden from the gate on the South Lawn. The bees pollinate White House plants and make honey for the first family and their guests.
- The White House isn't just a place you can check into anymore -- now you can follow it too. The White House posts historical information & tips about places President Obama has been and will visit.
- President Ford, an avid swimmer, installed the pool and cabana in 1975. In 2002, President G.W. Bush renovated the cabana with a solar array to help heat the pool, spa, and running water.
- Take a picture by the whitehouse! Try and spot where Obama is!
- It should be a requirement that everyone take a tour of the White House!
- I miss Ronald Regan, life was good then.....
- Enjoy strolling down the middle of Penn Ave. The street was blocked off to traffic during the Clinton Administration.
- Some of the most famous and distinguished performers in the world perform here -- watch these performances at http://www.pbs.org/inperformanceatthewhitehouse/
- Before the White House track was installed, President Clinton would jog through the streets of Washington DC. The fitness workout was shared with the Secret Service detail jogging along with him.
- Take a tour and see the president arrive with a huge motorcade.
- ! ! , , ! )
- Completed in 1800 before we burned it down in 1812