The Westin St. Francis on Union Square
- Ride the Elevators
- Silent film comic Fatty Arbuckle's career crashed down when a party he hosted at this hotel resulted in the death of young actress Virginia Rappe in 1921. President Ford was also shot at here in 1975.
- Stay in the towers
- Don't leave without taking an elevator ride you won't soon forget
- take the elevator up to the 31st floor and then take the service elevator to the 32nd floor for a view you won't forget!
- Ride the glass outdoors elevator at night up n down as often as you want
- Catch a rainbow
- You really should visit Michael Minas before it shutters. The food - the tuna tartare is great & the famous lobster pot pie rules - is what brought foodies here, but the service is king.
- Do not get a room near the elevators. They sound like planes going by every 5 seconds. Hard to sleep.
- Dont expect your typical Spg/Westin experience...the staff has a lot to learn about customer service...but the building has awesome history and character
- Walk past the reception, make a left and ride the glass elevator for the best views overlooking the bay. Then hit the Clock Bar for an inventive cocktail try the Hawaii 5.1.
- If you stay only for two night take the green choice and don't get room service. You get to choose between free wifi, bonus points or a free movie I think. Plus you get a $5 voucher for food/drinks
- Enjoy the $50 parking!
- be aware the union is striking there now.
- Ask for an upper floor room with a view!
- Hotel excelente, vale cada centavo, atendimento espetacular, quarto enorme, academia e spa muito bons. D para danar uma valsa no banheiro!
- Take the BART from SFO. Simple. Fast. And drops you off in the heart of Union Square, just 2 blocks from the Westin.
- Lack of recognition of SPG elite members. Especially room upgrade.
- The Otis elevators towards the back are a must ride.
- the all glass elevators leave the ground floors and soar up into an outdoor tower. theyre fast! its kinda scary when theres no stops but fun too.