Walden Pond State Reservation
Lake, Scenic Lookout, Park
915 Walden St
Concord, MA 01742
- $5 for parking? And no pets allowed? I don't think Thoreau would approve
- bring the love of yr life here. it's too beautiful to go alone
- "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach..." - Henry David Thoreau, Walden
- The trees lining this lake (where Thoreau built his famous cabin) offer gorgeous autumnal colors. There is a $5 parking fee. Enter the reservation on Rte. 126. - Green Guide Editor
- Parking is $5 and the machine gives you back change with dollar coins. So I would recommend not using a $20 bill like I did, haha
- Swim from the main beach to the furthest point across is .55 miles. Swim the perimeter is just under 2 miles.
- Absolutely beautiful! Great for walking, hiking, photography, a picnic, and more!
- Leave it as you found it
- Painful rush hour traffic. Avoid if possible.
- Like a wonder land, no matter in Winter or Spring, Summer or Fall.The lake make you doubt why do you live in the noisy world.
- You can pee here just don't tell anyone
- , . 10 . , " ", " " ;-)
- $5 is a small price to pay for such beauty.
- If you're hearty and bring a wet suit you can swim until Halloween. At least that's what the triathletes do. The latest I've ever made it (with out a wet suit) is late September.
- Just jump in
- go early or go late. parking lot often closes mid day.
- Go to Walden Pond and place a rock on the pile next to the site of Thoreau's cabin. From main entrance go left. Follow the trail about 2/3 around to signs for "home site"
- Bring swim trunks and towels!!
- use public restrooms and protect our Walden