The Spotted Cat Music Club
Jazz Club, Rock Club, Speakeasy
623 Frenchmen St (Royal Street)
New Orleans, LA 70116
- "I think it was a good PR move to change the name of this place. "Sickly Cat With A Weird Rash" Music Club just doesn't have the same ring to it." - Conan O'Brien
- Congratulations, you've found one of Esquire's Best Bars in America. Listen to the city's best jazz, blues, and zydeco while sucking down an Abita Amber.
- There was a piano in the girls bathroom!
- Every Sunday night, some of the best young jazz-funk players with Pat Casey & the New Sound
- best jazz in new orleans... this place was awesome!
- Go to the Spotted Cat, grab a bear and enjoy the New Orleans music!
- Meschiya Lake and the Lil' Big Horns on Tuesday nights 10pm-2am
- It's my first time here and I found myself not eating to leave. The old time jazz is a nice change of pace!
- Excellent! No cover, just a one-drink minimun per set for some fine, straight ahead jazz.
- if you like the old timey style, its the best live jazz in New Orleans...
- Cash only!
- No cover on a Thursday night
- Amazing place, the best!
- Laying in bed two nights later and I swear I can still hear this music playing in the distance. It really was like something straight out of an episode of Treme.
- No cover, mostly traditional jazz/dixieland. Probably my favorite Frenchmen St. Place. Try to see Meschiya Lake or the Jazz Vipers there (from Al)
- A damned good bar with great old style atmosphere and solid jazz. One of the best places I visited in NOLA.
- Live jazz music, no cover, nice people.
- Cash only bar. Never a cover. Escape the 80s music on Bourbon and head to Frenchman for awesome jazz bands at The Spotted Cat.
- Although the tourists are well aware of the Spotted Cat now thanks to Treme and Conan, it is still a great place for live music Bring cash, and stay friendly. Buy & support local music and art!!
- This place is great! The BEST New Orleans experience. A must do.