Ka Lae (South Point)
South Point Rd
Nā‘ālehu, HI 96772
- Absolutely breathtaking views! Standing on that edge is amazing. A must see on the Big Island of Hawaii. If you are daring enough to jump the rocks to the left are an easier climb out than the ladder.
- DEFINITELY go to the Green Sand beach. BREATHTAKING!! Stay cool & take the 3 mile trip via the locals that offer in the parking lot. They are so nice & it was only $40 on 4.16.13.
- Definitely jump! It's a great experience and makes it worth the drive. Just wait and watch someone else to know where to jump and where to climb back up.
- It looks like you can jump in and you definitely can. There is a rope to bring you back up. But do so at your own risk.
- Just Jump!!!
- Jump off the top or you'll regret it!(Ladder out of ocean is just below)
- The southern most point in the US. Believed to be where the Hawaiians first landed between 400 and 800AD. Amazing view of nothing but ocean from this spot to Antarctica.
- Excellent sunset watching and star gazing. No entry fee.
- Beautiful scenery
- amazing view, different shades of blue. parking available
- Super scenic view!!
- Straight shot to Antarctica. Views are beautiful anywhere you decide to stop.
- The most southern point in the United States!!!
- The most southern point in the United States
- Amazing views!!! The jump was so great and insane! I climbed the rocks which was a lot easier than the ladder
- Spectacular scenery. Be very judicious of conditions if choosing to get in the water.
- It can be very windy... Don't jump when the waves are crazy
- See the water flowing past on its way to Antarctica.
- Make the drive, park your car, then walk south, and keep walking south until the end, a 10-minute walk ... now you're at the southernmost point of Hawaii and the US! The views are spectacular.
- Was one of the best experiences of my life!