Americans know that no matter where you are, Denny’s is the spot for late-night gatherings or to refuel on a road trip in the middle of nowhere. Diners may not be the first place you think of when you’re seeking plant-based food, but Denny’s vegan offerings can really hit the spot. Check out the options:
Skillets (add tortillas for 99 cents)
- Fit Fare Veggie Skillet: Ask for it without egg whites.
- Hearty Breakfast Skillet: Ask for it without sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- Santa Fe Skillet: Ask for it without crumbled chorizo sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- Supreme Skillet: Ask for it without sausage, eggs, or cheese.
A photo posted by Plants are great (@thegodessvenus) on May 24, 2016 at 5:48am PDT
- French fries
- Fresh sautéed zucchini and squash
- Garden salad (with balsamic vinaigrette, French dressing, or Italian dressing)
- Seasonal fruit
- Seasoned fries
- Sweet petite corn
- Grits or oatmeal: Ask that they be made with water instead of milk.
- Hash browns: Add bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and avocado to make them extra delicious!
- Red-skinned potatoes
- Regular English muffin: Be sure to avoid the gluten-free one, which has dairy ingredients in it, and use jam or jelly instead of butter.
- Toast: Ask for potato, multigrain wheat, or seven-grain bread, and use jam or jelly instead of butter.
Build Your Own Burger (comes with lettuce, tomato, red onions, and pickles)
Choose the brioche or whole-wheat bun and the veggie patty (it’s vegan!). To make it a double, order an extra patty for $1.50. Skip the cheese and choose from these toppings: grilled onions, sliced jalapeños, fresh avocado, sautéed mushrooms, barbecue sauce, bourbon sauce, ketchup, and mustard.
A photo posted by Dustin and Joana (@halnez_foodness) on Aug 3, 2015 at 10:12pm PDT
So there you have it. The next time your stomach is rumbling at 1 a.m., go find that warm glow of the familiar yellow sign and feast on all that tasty vegan food at Denny’s.
Show a friend how easy it is to go vegan by ordering him or her a FREE vegan starter kit: Order a Free Vegan Starter Kit for a Friend
Order a Free Vegan Starter Kit for a Friend
The post From Skillets to Burgers, It’s Easy to Eat Vegan at Denny’s appeared first on PETA.