- Walk to the center of Sheep Meadow for a great 360 degree photo opportunity of the surrounding city.
- PHOTO: Anti-Vietnam war demonstrators burning the American flag during 1967 demonstration in Central Park. Click "More Info"
- Prime sunbathing time is between 10:30am and 3pm; we suggest you claim your spot early on this 15-acre expanse, one of the most popular ray-catching spots in NYC.
- Winner of Best Picnic Spot in the Village Voice 2011 Best Of issue! There's a Whole Foods nearby at Lincoln Center for all your munchie needs.
- Great place to sit back and relax or toss the frisbee during the summertime.
- Have a bottomless brunch and then spend the rest of the day here...it's perfection!!
- When friends are trying to find you in this giant meadow with no landmarks, text them a dropped Google Maps pin of your blanket location. Then lie back and take a nap while they look for you.
- PHOTO: Anti-Vietnam war demonstrators burning the American flag during 1967 demonstration in Central Park, at the link!
- Grab some takeout from Whole Foods, bring a blanket and enjoy catching the rays! (oh, you'll probably have some awesome people-watching & talking too)
- For a Summer in the City, lunch alfresco and sunbathe in the park. Keep it simple with Cable Classics.
- great place for weekend afternoons
- Bring a blanket if you plan on sitting down. The field is full of goose s#%&
- This 15 acre meadow was once inhabited by sheep from 1864-1934. Today you'll find sunbathers, kites, frisbees, guitars & much more.
- bring a lover to share in the joy of writing poetry and sitting in trendy clothes on your grandmother's blanket under a tree when the weather is warm.
- Keep your eyes peeled. You might see "This Week" anchor Christiane Amanpour riding her bike in the park. She loves to ride her bike in the park and all over NYC. Follow her on Twitter: @camanpour
- No actual sheep here so adjust your expectations
- So good to just lay around and do nothin!
- One of the best spots in Central Park to wind down during your lunch break or have a picnic with friends.
- Perfect place for a Picnic in the Park!
- This spot in the park - beautiful and cozy in all seasons. In winter, it's close to the skating rink, summer/spring/fall - easy access to volleyball/baseball courts. We like to just lay and read here!