Sandy Beach Park
Beach, Surf Spot
8808 Kalanianaole Hwy
Honolulu, HI 96825
- Beautiful beach, but not for the inexperienced. Tourists talk with the lifeguards before going in or, at the very least, go in with someone who knows who can give you direction.
- Reminds me of hurricane Sandy... because the waves are crazy here! Perfect for pro surfers.
- Where my parents fell in love!! =) xoxo
- Those waves really toss you around. More sand in my hair then ever.. so I guess that's where the name comes from :) Waves are intense so you'd better be a strong swimmer!
- They have a hang gliding landing area and fields for kite flying!
- Sounds crazy but you gotta get slammed by at least one wave from Sandy's. simply because you haven't lived until you've experienced this.
- Not the best beach for swimming, often advised not to swim here. Waves look great for boogey boarding and surfing.
- Seems like this is where all the locals are and great spot for surfing!!
- Know your limits and use good judgement. Don't go in the ocean if you've never been here before. This is a dangerous current and shore break!
- Go big or go home
- The best beach to see the first sunrise of the year! The sun rises around 7AM on the New Year's Day. 7
- My favorite beach but really dangerous. Number 1 neck & back break beach in USA. If you're gonna go...please go sideways on the wave instead of straight!
- The waves are killer - as in, the waves will KILL you!
- Really strong waves, be careful if you don't know how to swim properly. Good for bodyboarding
- "Must be a strong swimmer to bathe here. Not a place for kids to swim. But the scenic ride from Honolulu, the beach itself and the surf are fabulous. Love this beach!
- One of the most dangerous beaches for neck injuries--tourists beware!
- Dangerous shore break. Talk to lifeguards before getting in the water.
- Shorebreak is extra dangerous here. Make sure you know what you're doing before heading in! Ladies, not an advisable "swimming" beach.
- North end is rockier but has more parking and you can still see the beach and blowhole.
- Uninterrupted beach for 5 miles (back and forth), pristine water with waves good enough for beginner surfers, very very few people with little birdies on the beach