The Sam Houston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Beds are awesome. Kind of a pretentious atmosphere without anything to back it up. Kind of like the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Overall- nice place.
- The newly renovated hotel opened in 2002 as the Sam Houston, but the name was too Texan for national promotion, so it became the Alden in 2005.
- Free drop off service in downtown Houston!
- Renovations are on the way...... inside and out.
- Don't touch the Mini Bar!!!
- The bartender Gracie makes a killer ole fashion
- Use the hotel chauffeur to shuttle you to/from dinner for free (be sure to tip)!
- Egyptian cotton sheets combined with two-person bathtubs make this the perfect romantic getaway.
- Stone's throw from stadium. And great rooms!
- Have your wedding in the Veranda room. Beautiful when lite up by natural sunlight.
- Everything!! Food is amazing, Drinks our refreshing and staff is welcoming!!! Big Halloween Party on October 31st, everyone is invited to come out!!!
- Jason Bayle, a senior executive sous chef, will oversee the culinary operation of The Sam Houston Hotel.
- Very nice atmosphere
- Formerly The Alden but recently changed name back to original (historical) name.
- Tell them it's your birthday when you make a reservation at their restaurant, and they'll buy you a glass of wine or dessert.
- Kind of tired looking , scruffy and dark . Will not be coming back
- Great visit. Nice breakfast. But downtown Houston pretty deserted on Sat night with no ball game going on.
- Beds are comfortable. Most of the staff are really nice. Modern in apperance
- Staying here tonight? Be sure to head outside to see the giant, 3D red ants that are about to invade Houston. #BlackFlag
- A little inflexible - b sure to cancel early if u have to cancel