Red Sand Beach
Hāna, HI 96713
- Be very careful on the path. There are other red sand beaches on Maui that don't cross private property.
- Be respectful, don't walk through the Japanese Cemetary and don't use the advice from Maui Revealed. Stay on the path near the coast and you'll be safe.
- You have to climb a bit a ways but it's so worth it! Amazingly beautiful and secluded. Great way to stretch your legs after the long, twisted road to Hana
- The trail isn't too hard to find but it can be a difficult walk there. It's a nude beach (optionally), so be ready for that. The reward for trekking is a perfect beach with lots of privacy.
- Two ways to hike there.. You can hike up or head down closer to the beach. The trail closest to the beach is wayyyy easier!
- Trail is through private property so beware. Well worth the slightly treacherous trail. Once you get there you may see people in their birthday suits. Resting spot for monk seals.
- Well worth the hike ! Take waterproof shoes as the sand gets very hot to walk on during the day ! The near side can get a rough current , hang on ! The views from this side as the waves roll in is
- Coisa mais linda do mundo! Trilha bem perigosa, mas curta, vale a pena!
- A not so hidden, hidden gem!
- Rewarding view. Trail head is a bit hidden. Ask around if you're not sure. Once on the trail, it's not hard to just follow the path and get down. Looks like it's popular with locals and hippies.
- the trek there alone is worth the view
- So unique! Worth the hike!
- Be prepare to walk to this beauty, and not in flip flops )
- Great hike to a one of a kind beach!
- Difficult hike to get down, be careful!
- A little tricky to find and you need to be a stable walker to get back here but it's pretty. Not soft sand though.
- Harder to find than Wally, but much more satisfying
- Treacherous climb to the beach but worth checking out for the red sand! Be aware you're walking through private property and make sure to wear good sneakers.
- Totally worth the "treacherous" walk to the beach. It's pretty easy if you take the lower trail. My 7 month pregnant wife had no trouble. Keep an eye out for the "Toilet Bowl" on your way around.
- bring a camera, you will take amazing pictures!