The Public Theater
425 Lafayette St (btwn Astor Pl & E 4th St)
New York, NY 10003
- Good for drinks and seafood small plates. A solid dinner option for your pre-theater dinner.
- This adored staple of Off Broadway also produces Under the Radar, the best Off-Off Broadway festival. Jump on tickets to see the daring international program of experimental theater.
- Did you know The Public Theater won a Village Voice Obie Award forThe Brother/Sister Plays in 2010? Can't wait for this year's ceremony!
- A membership will get you 10% off tickets
- Hilton Als on Lisa Kron and Jeanine Tesoris adaptation of Alison Bechdels Fun Home: Theyre aiming to showcase what we all share in: the exigencies of being human. Through Nov. 3
- Have something to say about one of our shows? Check into that show on foursquare and share your tip with all of our followers.
- THIRTEEN members get 10% discount off single performance tickets for all downtown productions at one of the nations preeminent cultural institutions!
- Top rate programming. Great people watching from balcony in the lobby. And free wifi.
- Winner of Best Theater in the Village Voice 2011 Best Of issue! Look for low-priced Public Lab tickets.
- Great programming, and beautiful facilities.
- The Library at the Public has delicious american cuisine in a chill & relaxing ambience.
- As one of Off-Broadways most famous venues, Public Theater hosts plays, musicals, lecture series, and Shakespeare in the Park.
- Tourist tip: take a detour off Broadway and support up-and-coming playwrights, amazing performers, and innovative productions at The Public!
- You don't need a ticket to use the restroom here!
- Some of the most provoking theatre in NYC is being done here. Recent top productions include Agony and Ecstasy of Steve Jobs and iHomo; both shows hit it out of the park.
- Dont forget to silence your phone before the show starts :-)
- Great theater is performed here. All the theaters are intimate with no bad seats.
- Great plays, each theatre is different.
- Clean large toilets. Quiet. Cafe. Unassuming. Security guards.
- The National Theater of NYC (and the US)