Portland Museum of Art
Art Museum, Performing Arts
- Great museum with new exhibits and a fantastic permanent collection. Free admission on Fridays is a nice perk, too. Make sure to check out the local galleries along Congress Street and in the Old Port
- Free Friday evenings 5-9pm!
- The gift shop has gorgeous jewelry from local artists
- Regardless of admission price, this is an excellent collection. Do not miss the view of 'Rising Cairn' from the _third_ floor staircase.
- Podcasts are available online and detail current exhibitions! They can be found on the Museum's website (http://www.portlandmuseum.org/events/podcasts.shtml).
- Excellent permanent collection well displayed. There is something of importance for every taste.
- Great little art museum in a small city.
- First Friday of every month check out the Art Walk outside in the plaza!
- Art Museum, good stuff!
- Free WiFi. SSID: PMAPublic Pass: jointoday
- Love that there is a new wing & old wing & a house from the 1800's with beautiful wallpaper & carpet. It's not too big of a museum so you can see everything without feeling overwhelmed
- This may seem like a small museum but when I went, they were displaying an incredible collection of works on paper. The quick and free docent tour was especially helpful.
- Simply gorgeous.
- Be sure to check out the Hopper painting on the second floor!
- First time seeing John Haberle's trompe l'oeil paintings and well color me impressed. Overall a great museum.
- A small gem of a museum. Some wonderful new England paintings to ponder.
- The original part of the house was full of amazing craftsmanship try and do something like that today.
- Come early! We love this place.
- Skip the Friday crowds and go on Third Thursdays for cocktails and art
- Many of the classic american sculptures are well lit and easy to photograph here.