Point Dume State Beach
State / Provincial Park, Beach
7401 S Birdview Ave
Malibu, CA 90265
- Point Dume was the site of Dr. Evil's Volcano Island in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and the memorable finale of the original Planet of the Apes.
- This is the best beach in Malibu!
- Don't forget to bring a towel!
- Free parking on the streets if you can find any.
- "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"
- The closing scene in the original "Planet of the Apes" movie was shot here! The Statue of Liberty in the ground is actually a matte painting over the bluff at the end.
- watch the dolphins play with the surfers
- Good spot for many activities, including rock climbing and scuba diving. This was Cheap Date Idea #10 on my blog.
- Take the stairs down towards the rocks and take a selfie of you and the gorgeous view in the background.
- Worth the short hike. Be sure to check out the tide pools!
- Fun day... saw 3 grey whales with their babies! They rolled in the sand and we were so close we could hear them breath! Third pic is where they put in Ironman's home on the ridge in the movie.
- Climb over the rocks to the south and lounge on the secluded beach.
- What is the most creative, spiritual or emotional place in Malibu? Nia Peeples, Actress-"Fame" & "Pretty Little Liars": "Point Dume. Anywhere on a bluff overlooking the blue Pacific..."
- One of the last and finest examples of coastal bluff scrub in CA, Point Dume is home to abundant wildlife and offers scenic views of the coast. Help us renovate the area for increased accessibility.
- Una de las mejores vistas que tendrs de Malib y sus playas!
- This showstoppingly beautiful Malibu beach has earned its place with a storied past that includes stints as a whaling spot, a nudist beach and (on film) Tony Starks rad home.
- Very very beautiful view
- Not only is this beach famed for its cult cinema status, its total eye candy for its breathtaking cliffs, climbable by newbies in search of a killer Pacific view.
- Beautiful Beach! This is what California beaches are all about!
- Take a short trip up the coast to find this perfect spot for hiking or rock climbing, along with spectacular views.