Pismo Beach Pier
Piers, Scenic Lookout
Btwn Pomeroy and Hinds Ave (Cypress St)
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
- The name Pismo comes from the Chumash word for tar, which was gathered from tar springs in Price Canyon. Pismo Beach adopted the name "Clam Capital of the World" in the 1950s.
- Lots of shops on this main stretch that leads to the pier.
- The pier is a nice place to walk in the evening.
- No dogs allowed on the pier. :(
- There is a lot of free parking in front of the beach. However, its a vacant dirt lot. There is one opening and one exit. But hey! ITS FREE.
- Be sure to stop in at the Visitor Information Kiosk on the first diamond on the pier.
- Nice walk..close to restaurants!
- Massive wood pier and a beautiful walk.
- Great view but frightining experince !!
- Views, fishing
- Nice pier with lots of wildlife. Blue wale mothers and babies were jumping out of the water and Dolphins were surfing in the waves.
- Like bugs bunny said, be sure to take a left turn in Albuquerque. While your here soak up the sun, don't swim to close to the pier, walk the boardwalk and eat at hoagies.
- Great place to spend time with family and friends,just a simple getaway
- Fishing and sights!
- must see on the sf-la road trip
- Great pier, go here for a sunset.
- Beautiful view of the ocean!
- Fun day on pier
- Parking in the main lot after 6pm is free.