Well it is baking season again. I LOVE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR. Christmas cookies are a super fun tradition in our house. You too can have a bakeathon without loosing your mind. Most cookies are super freezer friendly and with just a few hints you can master the art of freezing cookies. These Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies are so easy, delicious and super freezer friendly. You will need some peppermint kisses though so start keeping your eyes open for those. They do go fast this time of year.
These delectable cuties are a rich peppermint chocolate cookie topped with an adorable peppermint kiss candy. So pretty and delectable. They are a perfect accompaniment for your Christmas cookie mayhem. I pack all my cookies in doubled Ziploc freezer bags and place them in sturdy glad-ware containers. When defrosting take them out of the containers frozen and place on serving trays or platters uncovered. Never allow them to defrost in the plastic and the containers. The condensation that builds in there will ruin the cookies.
So lets see if I got this covered!!
Easy to prepare!!!
Delectably delicious and adorable!!
Freezes very well!!
Yep it is all covered so add these little jobbers to your Christmas baking list!
Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 28 unwrapped peppermint kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter & both sugars with mixer. Add eggs one at a time and mix just until incorporated. Mix in mint extract.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup dry mixture to butter mixture. Blending after each addition just until combined and scraping side of mixer bowl as needed. Remove bowl from mixer and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Butter hands and roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes only. Press one peppermint kiss into the top of each cookie. Move to cookie cooling racks being very careful not to the touch the kiss.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes0.1http://www.smalltownwoman.com/peppermint-chocolate-thumbprint-cookies/wk_bootstrap();
Other delectable Christmas cookies you will love!
Thick Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies
- 50 Best Sports Bars in America
- America's Best Inexpensive Steakhouses
- 25 Ways to Help You Stop Eating Sugar
- This Is the World’s First Flat Wine Bottle
- Etiquette Mistakes You Need to Stop Making by Age 30