Movie Theater, Indie Movies
2230 N Farwell Ave (E North Ave)
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Catch a movie here and put yeast on your popcorn. The theater is beautiful, nothing like your generic Marcus. Then go bowling and drinking next door at Landmark Lanes.
- Whenever anybody looks you in the eye or looks like you, punch them in the face.
- You know what you should do? Sign up for a membership with Milwaukee Film. You get access to monthly members-only screenings that are always hosted on the main screen here at this gorgeous theatre.
- If you're here for an experience in either of the smaller theaters (the ones on the left and right) - enjoy it, they're great! For real beauty, catch a featured show on the main screen! Glorious!
- What a great Milwaukee institution! I've been coming here since high school for those great films that no one else wants to show. (Yes, subtitles mean you have to know how to read...)
- Great place for independent films, very cool decor too.
- The Oriental Theatre - I love the history of the Oriental and the fact that its only about 2 blocks from my house and tonight... Hunger Games.
- This is one of the last of its kind left. Obviously, once, it hosted live theater but now the architectural gem shows (of course) films. There isn't usually a large selection but if you get the chance
- Best popcorn on the planet and a beautiful old theater to boot. Enjoy the organ concert before the Fri and Sat 7 pm shows to get the whole experience.
- Check out Rocky Horror Picture Show here!
- 7pm shows on Friday get you a classic organ concert before the show in the center theater!
- One of my favorite places on earth. Gorgeous architecture and delightful staff.
- Such a cool theatre! Classy.
- If you're waiting in line for the girl's bathroom, try going upstairs - there's a bigger girl's room!
- Organ player in the theater before the movie starts?! Love it
- The noon movie on Saturday and Sunday is cheaper! Very friendly staff and a cool old building to explore.
- Student discount given with a valid student ID!
- There aren't many moviehouses like this left in America. Take advantage of the opportunity to see a movie in a true theatre.
- Awesome older movie theatre with a lot of charm.
- This is how all old theaters should look