Beach, Surf Spot
Point Lobos Ave (at Great Hwy)
San Francisco, CA 94121
- One's best asset is a sympathetic spouse...
- Take off your shoes. Go to the water and let the waves wash over your feet. Think about the fact that you're now standing in the biggest, wettest wilderness on the face of the earth.
- Bring a magnet! We love to collect black sand or magnetic mineral magnetite at Ocean Beach. Drop a magnet inside your plastic cup & wave bottom of the cup just above sand to attract minerals. Demo:
- Hang out at Ocean Beach and watch the sun set on a clear day.
- After a ridiculously long & stressful day, the ocean is where I like to walk/jog w/music in my ears... I promise you, after just a half hour of fresh air & natural scenery, life's good again!
- Ocean Beach is home to the Sand Castle Classic in late Sept./early Oct. Teams of architects, building and design firms, and Bay Area children create amazing sand sculptures.Powered by ParentsConnect
- If you're here at sunset on a clear day, watch for a "green flash" just above the sun. You'll need some luck, thoughit's rare to see it and it only lasts a few seconds!
- Bonfires are allowed in the pits between Lincoln Way & Fulton, directly west of the park. No fires are allowed on "Spare the Air" days or on days of extreme fire danger.
- Grab a fire pit on warm evenings for the perfect end to a day in SF. Bring lots of blankets!
- Beautiful sunset spot! You can also bring your food and do a bbq in one of the firepits
- Great beach for a run, especially at low tide. Clean and usually pretty deserted. The distance from the zoo to Cliff House is about 5k, so it makes for a good 10k run up and back.
- Get an inch thick cinnamon toast at trouble coffee then walk down the street for a stroll on the beach.
- Throw away your emotions and curse the sea.
- Take the N Judah to the front of the dunes (last stop) then get a milkshake right as you get off at java beach. Then enjoy the beach with a picnic and stay for sunset if clear.
- Amazing waves!
- Best place to watch the sunset in San Francisco
- Sit on the beach and watch the sunset. A magical moment in your life you'll never forget.
- My most favorite place in San Francisco
- don't park in front of my house
- ..... .... :) :)