Maxwell Street Market
Flea Market, Thrift / Vintage, Mall
800 S Desplaines St (btwn Polk St & Cabrini St)
Chicago, IL 60607
- Open every Sunday 7am-3pm. Free admission! Shop around for some good bargains and feast on local food favorites!
- When it comes to Mexican food, Chicago is second to none. The proof is in this open-air market. You just don't find this at your typical Tex-Mex taco stand. -- Andrew Zimmern, Bizarre Foods
- Get yourself and antique ax then munch on some huaraches at Manolo's
- Socks. Socks and socks and socks.
- Good and cheap fruits and vegetables and... lunch with tasty and cheap Mexican food!
- #MayorEmanuel --- dogs should not be sold at this Market! 3 PUPPY (fighting breeds) for sale TODAY!!
- Best tacos ever!
- If u need a case for ur iPhone or droid, this is the place to buy it. A lot of vendors to choose from. don't pay 30$ at the mall. Also many choices to grab some grub from.
- Lencho's tacos. Fantastic!
- Green house steak stand has the best shredded beef tacos in chicago. First food stand when entering roosevelt!
- - not what it used to be. Still a good walk though.
- Great tacos and quesadillas
- Find the food vendor at the market on Sundays and prepare to wait in line. Trust us: Once you bite into the steak and mushroom tacos, youll want to hop in line to order one all over again.
- Arroyos - lamb stomach sausage and other wonderful tacos
- Easily worth at least one walk-through on a Sunday morning. I guarantee something will catch your fancy.
- La paz has the best tacos OMG! The only place i ever eat the tacos from.
- You can find everything down here!!
- It's like you are in Latin America :)
- It was fun to walk around and sample food from different vendors (and for very little money!)
- The best street food in Chicago, be ready to wait in line