Martin Luther King Jr. Birth Home
History Museum, Historic Site
501 Auburn Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30312
- Historical place, you can just visit outside.
- At approximately noon on Jan 15, 1929, Martin Luther King Jr was born in an upstairs bedroom at this home and lived here until he was 12 years old. Visit the King Center to schedule a Ranger led tour.
- One of the places you must see when you visit Atlanta
- Born and raised on Auburn Avenue, Martin Luther King, Jr. is a true Atlantan. Contact the National Park Service to schedule a tour of his birth home.
- Just driving by Dr. Martin Luther King's birth house is a humbling experience. I can only picture him being born in the upstairs bedroom. The House is still in tact and that's awesome.
- Its always crowded. Get there EARLY!
- This is a must-see for anyone in the Atlanta area. It's humbling and inspiring. And reminds me that he's still dreaming "the dream"
- So far...can get it
- Go early if you want a tour of the birth house it is first cone first serve
- Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase. Happy 84th birthday to the late Martin Luther King, Jr.!
- so beautiful......
- Sign up in the Visitor Center as soon as you arrive for tickets for the walking tour. It's free, but they go quickly.
- Nice house from that time period. Tours are only in the afternoon
- The history of one of the greatest Afro American influencers
- They have old school toys!
- Showed up at 12:30PM, next tour was at 3PM. Don't be like me! Check the tour times!
- They have guided tours to the inside, just check what time. You cant photograph and once you are in it takes about 5-10 minutes to see it all.
- Tours are available and free but you just register at the Visitor Center early (they fill up quickly)
- Cool place to visit good atmosphere & plrbty of history
- The tour is fast.
450 Auburn Ave NE
449 Auburn Ave SE (at Jackson St SE)
Boulevard Ave (Auburn Ave)