Bring on the pumpkins, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts because it’s officially fall, guys! There’s just something about a change in seasons that feels so exciting and refreshing. Every three months you get an opportunity to update your routine, try something new or remember an old favorite… especially in the produce isle.
Right when you can barely bring yourself to even look at another zucchini a whole new crop of fresh veggies appears. Confession: I may have squealed with delight (just a little) after finding baby Brussels sprouts at our store.
And I guarantee you’ll be squealing all season long after you fire up your toaster oven and enjoy a batch of these tasty maple roasted Brussels sprouts with sriracha.
Crispy, sweet and tender freshly roasted sprouts are such a treat on their own. But pair them with Sriracha sauce and Ooh-La-La. Its spicy tangy flavor is a great compliment to any vegetable. Like salads lightly drizzled with sriracha vinaigrette or a small batch of spicy sriracha roasted red potatoes.
After you’ve turned up the flavor on your sprouts balance out all that heat with a splash of maple syrup and handful of buttery toasted pecans. There’s really no words for that level of deliciousness.
To make this recipe even easier you can skip toasting the pecans. Just toss them in raw at the end. But if you have the time, it is worth the intensely rich flavor just 5 minutes of toasting can bring out in the nuts.
Serve the final dish as a side or paired with your favorite protein. For a fun breakfast or dinner try topping your spicy-sweet sprouts with a couple of fried eggs and of course - more Sriracha!
- 3 tablespoons raw pecan pieces
- 16 ounces baby brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or your favorite cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce
- Preheat toaster oven to 350°F and arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking pan.
- Toast nuts for 5 to 7 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- Remove nuts from the baking pan and set aside.
- Return the empty pan to the toaster oven and increase temperature to 400 F.
- Add sprouts to a medium bowl and drizzle with oil, toss to coat veggies evenly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully remove heated pan and arrange sprouts in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until browned and fork tender, stirring halfway through.
- Combine the maple syrup and sriracha, drizzle over sprouts and stir well to coat evenly.
- Return pan to toaster oven for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in toasted pecans and serve dish warm.
- If your Brussels sprouts are on the large side slice them into quarters or increase the cook time and oil as needed.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them