501 S Pine St (at Spring St.)
Richmond, VA 23220
- Don't come for friendly servers or smiling faces. This is a serious eatery. Try the orechiette or eggplant parmigiana. Don't ask the waiters, you got foursquare so you must have a smartphone so wikipe
- Well known for their Italian offering, Mama 'Zu is an Oregon Hill staple and theres always a line to prove just how much Richmonders love the food. Remember, they only accept cash or American Express!
- It's like taking a garlic shower, but in the best way possible.
- Such good food - and not the historically bad service rumored.
- Get the sugar toads if they have them!!
- Order the Soft Shells in season and always the arugula salad.
- It is one of the best places in town for Italian food. It is a great place for a date or a gathering with company. Atmosphere is great and the food is out of this world!
- Food was great, but the service really isn't great. Only menu is on the wall, so be sure to check it out while you're waiting for a seat in case you get seated far away from it.
- Cash, Check...and AMERICAN EXPRESS?!
- contrary to the OTHER mamma zu on foursquare, this is NOT A PIZZA PLACE DAMMIT
- Best place ever, hands down! Great jukebox. Pizza as an app. Penne Carl is bang'n. Awesome bathroom graffiti. Bring cash...the only card they take is Amex.
- Once we saw the exterior, then the interior, we almost left. Add a less than attentive server and we were even more skeptical. But thank goodness we decided to stay. GREAT, authentic Italian food!
- Both ret Italian at its best. Squid beans and arugula as an app is a must. You cant miss on entrees but favorites are pork chops, osso bucco, orichetti
- If you are an affectionado of great Italian food and enjoy a "down-home" no pretenses local restaurant, then Mamma Zu's deserves a 10!! The tattered decor must account for the 8.7 overall rating
- There is no standard menu and no cocktail menu. (Order from chalkboard.) Get your own wine off the shelf. No credit cards accepted unless you have AmEx. Worth it.
- Fantastic eggplant Parmesan and amazing tiramisu!
- Love the penne Karl as a delicious vegan option
- Foods great, bring cash, get there early.
- Awesome food and atmosphere just a pain to jump through hoops to figure out their hours and finding a table
- Carbonara and orecchiette are amazing. Best cannolis ever. Favorite place to have dinner on the planet.