Beer Garden, Italian
401 SE 5th St
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Mad Meatball is a nice complement to Capital Pub, but its really its own beast. Its still a casual dining spot, but a little less casual than the hot dog joint.
- Great food! Great staff! Way cool ambiance!! Iowa wines, beer booze and right on the bike trail!! Two thumbs up!!
- Groovy joint with great food! I'm down
- Garlic cheese bread here is great. Mad Meatball and Fuke pizzas are also good!
- Great, funky bar. Pizza was awesome and friendly staff.
- Why wouldn't it?
- Very nice waitress. Great place to get a beer and some food after work!
- Great pizza!!! On tap beer selection , the best I've seen! And the service, a great server, busy, but attentive! Forgot about Chuck's! This is a keeper!!!
- Loved their buffalo chicken pizza!! Waitress was very helpful and recommended we try her favorite beer called Not Your Father's Root Beer! It was very good and we will definitely be back!
- Sausage sandwich is amazing!!!!!
- Good place to grab a bite. The chicken parmesan sandwich is really good. Happy hour every day 2-6 :-)
- I really enjoyed their meatball sub as well as the Thai PB&J chicken wings.
- Pizza is Excellent and so is the cheese bread. Very good beer selection and the staff is friendly. My wife and I love this place. Actually we may go there too much for our own good...
- Sparse menu. Flavorless, lukewarm meatballs. Slow service and only four people in the joint. Overpriced. Meh.
- Very very good. Maybe needs to expand menu.
- Grinder sandwich was very good. Garlic bread app was excellent. Beer selection on tap was very good as well. Only disappointment was very small menu selection.
- Food was wonderful!! Service was cranky!
- Great ambiance!! Best decor!!
- This is really well done!
- The meatball sub is tasty!