Lake, Park, Beach
4955 W Lake Nokomis Pkwy
Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Walk around it. Bike. Jog. Sit. Not as busy as Lake Calhoun or Lake Harriet...and much closer to my house.
- No water skiing dogs please.
- Watch out for the people who can't read the signs that walk on the bike path
- Not only do I live over in this area, I enjoy going to the lake to Roller Blade, Walk the Dogs, Sit on the sand and watch the sun set. But I just plain out enjoy it so much more than the over crowede
- Watch the US Pond Hockey Championships each winter right on the lake
- The bridge through the middle makes it easy to do a very short walk or a longer one.
- Runners/walkers beware of the dog walkers. They dont pay attention.
- "Baying at the Moon."
- Best sun set in mpls!!
- Great path to inline skate.
- Great place for a walk!
- Good people watching. Cute dogs and babies!
- Night swim at the East Beach. It's illegal, but safe.
- US Pond Hockey Championships at Lake Nokomis Park can't be missed. Annual event!
- Sailboat haven
- I love this lake. there are lots of paths and parks along it to relax and in the winter, you'll see 4 or 5 ice rinks created on the lake for hockey!
- Nice views of the lake and walking trails.
- It is beautiful all year round! There is the paying for parking, which I dont always remember being there, other than that its still beautiful with a great park for kids!
- Great for a less touristy lake. It is beautiful for a fall walk.
- Decent beach, lots of sailboats and kayaks. Bathroom facilities and food and ice cream shop right next to the beach.