Kīlauea Iki Crater
Kīlauea (Hawaii Volcanoes National Park)
Volcano, HI 96785
- Get off your cell phone and look around!
- If you have time, go for a day hike!!
- If it is raining. Look for rainbows.
- Stunning, try late night or early morning to see lava better
- Big black caldera which dried up decades ago
- Do the Kilauea iki trail.
- Watch for vents and hotspots that are warm to the touch.
- It's nice and cool in here, but don't be fooled because you can still get sunburned. Bring lots of water and I would suggest wearing hiking shoes.
- Go counterclockwise.