Jefferson Market Garden
Greenwich Ave (btw W 10th & Christopher St)
New York, NY 10011
- Wifi on the East side of the park
- Miranda and Steve tied the knot at this neighborhood community garden..
- Not always open afternoon from May to October but well worth making a special trip to take a tour of this amazingly manicured garden.
- Sex and the City happened here. Miranda opened her heart to Steve when they tied the knot in this beautiful garden.
- Stop by this secret garden, and slow your paceallow the birds to drown out the city noise for a brief moment. There are benches, a rose garden, koi pond with waterfall, and a greenhouse.
- Right next to the library, so you can use the NYPL open wifi from the benches on the east side of this park.
- A gem in the West Village
- 2012 Summer Hours: Weather permitting, Tues-Sun 12-6, possibly longer depending on volunteer availability.
- Greenwich Village's Jefferson Market Garden opened in 1974 on the site of a few historical public buildings. One was a women's prison. But that was conveniently left off their info placard.
- Gorgeously maintained. If you sit near the back the wifi from the library is strong
- How did I manage to miss this one gorgeous spot during my 6 years in New York. Wow.
- Kudos to the horticulturalist who maintains this oasis next to the historic Jefferson Market library.
- Don't walk by without stopping to visit. Beautiful, tucked away garden.
- Un lugar precioso donde descansar sentado y admirando las flores. Tip: llega la wifi de una biblioteca cercana.
- This could be my favorite place in all New York in Spring. An oasis from the grind.
- Open all afternoons except Monday, weather permitting, April 1 through October Check their monthly bloom guide before visiting.
- Nice quiet place to rest. And when you're done go to The Happiest Hour for a cocktail or Kin Shop for Thai.
- This garden is a hidden little gem. Its small but very beautiful and relaxing.
- Matrimonio de Miranda y Steve
- You need a permit to host a photoshoot here. The grounds keeper was extremely rude about it and kicked us out even after we agreed to not shoot photos.