Farmer's Market, Italian
900 S 9th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Easy there Italian Stallion. Balboa hasnt run these streets in a while. Head over to DiBrunos or Claudios and eat some cheese.
- Peruse the famed Italian Market and sample a variety of cheeses and fresh fruit - just don't try to return an already eaten piece of fruit like Mac does for Charlie in an episode of Always Sunny.
- Opened in the 1880s by Antonio Palumbo, the Italian Market is America's Oldest Outdoor Market. While the Italian fare remains great, it's also home to some of the best Mexican and Asian food in town.
- Ohhhh my oh my oh my. There are Italian people, and then there are people who pose as Italians when talking about food. Go here. That is all.
- DiBruno Bros. fans MUST visit the original store, located here, for that old-time feel and atmosphere!
- Support your town! Produce here is ready to eat not old! Fruit and bread should not last you 3 weeks, that's not food it's a science experiment.
- Go to the Italian Festival!
- To buy fresh fruit & veggies right here
- Find ben south of Washington. Say hello and pay games for prizes. And of course grab some Isgros!!!
- I get my espresso at Anthony's. its good, cheap espresso
- Many places in the market are cash only. Make sure to have some on hand. If buying produce, check out a few stands before selecting. The next one always seems to have better deals and product
- Get a bag from the bag guy.
- Game meats, cured meats, a billion kind of sausages, imported cheeses, herbs, REAL BUTCHERS. Foodies & Cooks can find a million meals to make with what's for sale here.
- love the open air market
- Just walk along and soak up everything! Dibruno Bros is always a good choice.
- Excellent Italian hoagie
- Pasta, cheese, cheap fruits & veggies, clean and convenient. Snack on samples along the way.
- Great caf lounges. Http://belmontcafe.myorganogold.com/preferred-customer
- Great place for true foodies to get supplies. Real butchers, cheeses, spices & fish providers with veggies too. Like a walk back in time. Smells can be a bit strong though (good & bad)
- Classic Philadelphia spot for food shopping or just plain walking around.