1400 N Humboldt Dr (off of Luis Munoz Marin Drive)
Chicago, IL 60622
- Great park for a bike ride and to experience a true Jens Jensen design!
- Bulletproof Vests & Gats are OUT! Bike Rides & Picnics are IN.. The 80's & 90's are over.. Bring your kids, leave your homeboys..
- A 207 acre park established more than a century ago, Humboldt Park was influenced by Danish-born designer Jens Jensen.
- Humboldt Park has lagoons, an historic field house, ball fields -- including a "mini-Wrigley Field" funded in part by the Cubs -- and walking trails.
- This park is named after Prussian geographer and explorer Alexander von Humboldt, who coincidentally never visited Chicago in his life.
- Keep your dogs on a leash please!!! Your dog might be "cool" off-leash but some of us wanna walk our dogs in peace. Keep it safe and pleasant for everyone.
- I've been living a block away from the park all my life. You take the good with the bad. But overall, it's home. My home.
- Great place for birdwatching and bike rides :)
- Keep your dogs on a leash!
- wear a bulletproof vest.
- Beware of ignorant gangbangers
- See which one of the food vendors has the longest lines, those are usually the ones with the best food. It's usually worth waiting the few minutes in line for them
- The city's free festivals like the Fiestas Puertorriqueas (Puerto Rican Festival) highlight unique characteristics of the parts of Chicago, with special themes, traditions, music , and food.
- Beautiful park. Watch birds dive for fish!
- Great for a short 3-4 mile run if you run the entire circumference.
- Walk through it's many gardens and lagoons (one of which you can actually swim in) or just lay in one of its vast lawns.
- Take a walk through the nature preserve. It's a great mini getaway.
- Amazing coco ice for $1 from most on-foot vendors, Puerto Rico fest.
- Super huge park with lakes, where you can find peace or have a picnic. Enough of garbage cans,which is amazing. Not recommend to visit it super late .
- The HP area is rich in Puerto Rican culture. Take a self led tour through the area to see the gorgeous murals.