Hana Beach Park
Keawa Pl (at Uakea Rd/State Hwy 360)
Hāna, HI 96713
- This is the reward at the end of a long drive. Hana is really a place on the edge of nowhere -- beautiful nowhere.
- Gorgeous and amazing black sand that is really unlike anywhere else. Picturesque setting, tucked away from the highway.
- Gorgeous black sand beach. Ample picnic tables make this a great spot to stop for a picnic.
- Good picnic spot
- Sand. Bathrooms. Fish and chips close by. Shade this place has it all.
- Nice spot to rest a bit before continuing on your road to Hana journey. Grab a bite at the Barefoot Cafe, sit at a picnic table and exhale.
- This place is really crappy. Go to hana black sand beach instead. It's close by and way prettier.
- This is a perfect spot for picnics and water activities such as canoe races. You can often see canoe clubs practicing this ancient Hawaiian sport in the late afternoon.
- Be sure to visit the local town. Bring cash if you plan on dining - ATM in the town at a reasonably walkable distance. You can also find your way to Red Beach from town.
- If you go to the end and climb a bit, you can find the red sand beach
- The black sand here is beautiful!
- This is definitely a local beach. Warm black sand, nice waves for small kid surf, friendly people. A nice contrast to resort life in wailea.