Tacos, Food Truck
- Featured at the First Annual LA Weekly Tacolandia! Look for the truck in the downtown area or flag it down in East LA!
- He's now here Friday from 9-2 Saturday and Sunday from 9-1 and Wednesday evenings.
- Named Best Taco Truck Los Angeles 2014 in our Best of LA 2014 issue!
- It's all good. Menu changes daily. Last visit: Butter Poached Grouper Taco, Pocho Taco & Ridgeback Shrimp Plate.
- Shrimp & Oaxacan Cheese Taco ($6-) & Blue Lake Bean, Cranberry Bean with Fried Egg Taco ($5-) with San Pellegrino Aranciata
- Sweet Potato Tacos
- Everything it's hyped up to be and more. Don't skip the sweet potato taco or the tuna and uni tostada, if on the menu. I could eat here for lunch every day.
- Wes Avila makes some of the best tacos I have ever had. Get anything with seafood!
- Yes this is a rolling restaurant with relatively predictable locations around town (in front of coffee shops), but Wes Avila's talent merits inclusion. There are fewer innovative taqueros in America.
- The definitive taco geniuses: the classics of taco making are perfectly respected and the creativity of flavours impressive. Delicious, delicious, delicious...
- Chef Wes Avila makes tacos that are unlike any youve had before. Try the sweet potato with feta and scallions ($4), the crab with guajillo chili [$12 for an order of three], or spicy wild boar ($5).
- A meal from Wes Avilas midnight-blue truck, which he parks in front of marquee coffeehouses across the metro area, eliminates the problem of finding a taco that stands out above others in LA.
- Sweet potato tacos are great for the novelty alone, and the tuna tostada is as tasty as it is colorful. Small, rotating menu. Hard to go wrong
- Wes Avila is known for putting Tahitian yellowtail tuna and sea urchin poke on tostadas and building tacos around foie gras, and were all very grateful that his mind works in these mysterious ways.
- Guerrilla Tacos, ranked #2 for sweet potatoes in LA, is the best taco truck you will ever visit. The menu is always rotating so there is an endless amount of concoctions for you to try.
- The sweet potato taco is fabulous. Since the menu changes frequently, you never know what they'll have, so come with a friend or two and order one of everything; you can't go wrong.
- the sweet potato and top sirloin tacos are pretty classic. menu rotates here, so try crudo when it's available too...
- A vendor at LA Weekly's Tacolandia 2015!
- amazing, local taco truck