Bar, Dive Bar
20 Saint Marks Pl (btwn 2nd & 3rd Ave)
New York, NY 10003
- Don't come here, its perfect without you
- Congratulations, you've found one of Esquire's Best Bars in America. Nobody knows Grassroots is there, but it's always full. Three reasons: beer, darts, conversation. Get a pitcher of Bass and enjoy.
- This is one of those hole in the corner that you will never find unless someone shows you the way. Darts and cheap beer, what more can you ask for?
- Best avoided during weekend nights, this old-timer is a welcome respite from St. Mark's madness during the week. Tall folks beware of the low ceilings.
- It's like Star Trek, DS9. An outpost on the edge of the neutral zone full of different species. Blueshirts, NYU kids, jocks and third wave crusts. There's something for everyone.
- You can't find a more genuine dive bar! Grab a pitcher and settle in at a table. And don't miss the jukebox!
- Jazz on a Sunday night, super cheap beers, champagne for 5 bucks and a popcorn maker. Old school!
- The bartenders are nice, you can usually find a seat, and a pitcher of beer will run you $10-15.
- "Nobody knows Grassroots is there, but it's always full. Three reasons: beer, darts, conversation. And enough gloom to keep the NYU students from making it a 'college bar.'"
- Great for cheap impromptu happy hour. Send all your friends an email and then meet for darts, beer, and a great juke box.
- You can grab a pitcher of whatever, but come here for the jukebox--it's literally impossible to choose a bad song.
- $9 Bud Light pitchers! Awesome vibe. Great place to meet a big group of friends and have a good time.
- O-M-G! The bouncers are so dreamy!
- This is where Shani buys a pitcher for himself...then bad things happen.
- Jameson & Ginger from Bob or Maria. Best bartenders in the city.
- This is my favorite bar in all of New York City. It was my local for four years since I lived accross the street! Best bar in the Village, great staff, and just a great atmosphere!!!
- Go to Grassroots Tavern, buy a $7 pitcher of lite and a $1 basket of popcorn at happy hour and play darts (not on saturday)
- One of the best dive bars. So sad it's closing. :'(
- Looks like a pub. Smells like a pub. Darts. Popcorn.
- I mean $5 well drinks.