Governor Dodge State Park
State / Provincial Park, Trail, Campground
4175 Wisconsin 23 Trunk
- If your GPS tells you to turn on Goldmine Rd, don't do it. It's a trail, not a road.
- Watch out for the 'coons, they are NOT shy here.
- Governor Dodge has beautiful lakes, hiking, and camping. the perfect escape to the great outdoors! (Plus, you can BYOBeer and REALLY do as the 'sconnies do!)
- Watch out for the raccoons. They come out at dusk. We saw them spying on us. Hide your food and garbage.
- Be sure to check out Stephen's Falls - easy, short hike to one if the few falls in central Wisconsin.
- Pine Cliff trail is the best!
- Leashed dogs are welcome on all the trails at this state park.
- Check out the falls
- Meadow Valley is a 5-mile loop from Cox Beach. The 8-ft wide trail has a handful of reasonably steep climbs through both forest & meadow highlands w/ great lake views. Moderate level of difficulty.
- Excellent state park for camping. Both wooded and open sites and most are very large (big enough for 2 tents).
- Awesome place for camping, though watch out, some camp lots have poison ivy on and near them...
- Been coming here since I was a little girl! Its beautiful! Lots of memories and cox hollow beach is one of the best in the state! Beautiful! Make sure to hike to Indian joes cave!