Park, Lake, Trail
1900 East Blvd (btwn S Kings & Lombardy)
Charlotte, NC 28203
- Rollerblade, bike and play tennis at the 98-acre landscaped park, smack in the middle of the city.
- Best park in Charlotte! Beautiful landscape with mature trees. Perfect for an afternoon picnic.
- Scenes from Shallow Hal were filmed here!
- Best park ever lots of trails and super dog friendly, also perfect for picnics
- My favorite park in Charlotte: go for a stroll, play tennis or rollerblade. They are connecting the paved walkway to the Metropolitan greenway soon!
- best park in town : )
- One of the best parks in Charlotte! Always looking forward to Festival in the Park every year!
- Freedom Park isa favorite stop along the Little Sugar Creek Greenway. Bring a sack lunch, water and a compass.
- Bring a blanket and lay out in the field on a sunny day by the lake.
- Hey Keeley C.- your right you can't play fetch with your dog in the park....its called a leash law. Go to a dog park for that
- check out the trains.
- So pretty in springtime when all the trees are in bloom. I've been coming to Freedom Park my whole life.
- Really nice park. Lots of walking/running paths and plenty of benches to sit and and look at the lake.
- Cute playground near little league field on Princeton Road.
- Best park in Charlotte hands down!
- Always fun!
- The Greenway on the opposite side of the creek is an awesome detour when running.
- One of Charlotte's oldest and most picturesque parks. Take a stroll round the lake, check out the Steam Engine, and cross over to the Nature Museum.
- Great views
- Photo Tip: Bring a bag of bread, let some kids toss out the pieces, and have fun shooting photos of the ducks and geese!