Fort Sumter National Monument Visitor Center
Historic Site, Landmark, History Museum
340 Concord St (East Bay)
Charleston, SC 29401
- Don't forget to earn your Junior Ranger badge. An hour is just enough time for a 10 year old to finish everything but some of the questions can only be answered by the Rangers.
- The museum is a stark reminder of the need for preservation of our hallowed history. I suggest getting to the boat early (20 minutes) in order to give the artifacts the proper attention.
- We liked Fort Sumter, it was very educational. Try going the last boat of the day. They lower the American flag and the commentary is quite interesting. We also loved the boat ride back and forth.
- Get there by boat. Schedule a tour!
- Exactly the right amount of time there. If going in the Spring, bring a jacket. The wind is really cold.
- Very interesting and the boat ride way cheap
- bring the sunscreen and the bug spray
- The volunteer ranger on the boat also has the ranger badges so if you don't finish on the island you can finish on the ride back and still get the junior ranger badge.
- Fantastic place to visit especially if you love history and architecture! Thirty minute boat ride and an hour to roam the island! I highly recommend!
- If you already know alot about the fort, skip the 15 minute intro from the park ranger. 45 minutes is not enough time to tour.
- If you come early for a harbor tour, great place to spend some time. Great history & exhibits, clean restrooms. A VERY nice facility.