Folger Shakespeare Library
Library, Theater, Museum
201 E Capitol St SE (at 2nd St SE)
Washington, DC 20003
- The Folger Shakespeare Library owns 79 of 240 first editions of the collected works of Shakespeare that are known to exist including the only known copy of Titus Andronicus. -- Green Guide Editor
- I am not a huge Shakespeare buff and I still had fun here. Lots and lots of priceless history here. Definitely come if you are an writing or history buff.
- The small museum has a replica of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, and an Elizabethan garden in the back, and is nice to visit combined with a performance.
- first folios galore! beautiful research section. take a tour for great theatre info.
- You need to check out the Globe Theater replica if you're a Shakespeare fan!
- Bar finally takes credit cards. Hope you like wine and cookies.
- A great stop for anyone interested in literature.
- Exceptional modern classical structure housing the world'st largest collection of Shakespearana. Buit in 1929-32, with Paul Cret as lead architect and Alexander B. Trowbridge as consulting architect.
- Home of the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's works, Folger Shakespeare Library hosts an open house for kids each April on Shakespeare's birthday! -- Green Guide Editor
- simply great!
- Wonderful place! =)
- Check out Hamlet. Modern version, but very good.
- Mmmm... Shakespeare...