1634 Lexington Ave (103rd Street)
New York, NY 10029
- The guila (eagle) of Aztec prophesy set the location of their capital Tenochtitlan (now Mexico City). El guila's brightly lit signs herald 24-hour authentic Mexican food, drinks, dessert, and music.
- It's a well-organized menu with plenty of authentic Mexican choices and sauces and fresh ingredients to make your taste buds happy. All for a very fair price.
- So much better than any Chipotle!
- I like getting a few tacos and loading them up with toppings.
- Everything is so fresh! Try a tamale rojo and a Barbacoa taco with fresh corn tortilla! Extra cilantro. Mmmm.
- Maybe the best al pastor taco Ive had in Manhattan. Tamales are also fantastic. Outside of sunset park in Brooklyn, some of the best authentic Mexican Ive had in the city.
- Great food. Chipotle has nothing on El Aguila. Try the burrito al pastor
- A cockroach literally fell on my girlfriend from the ceiling and all they did was say sorry.
- Great conchas, good tortas, and acceptable tacos.
- Ask to have the Oaxaca cheese melted onto your taco while it's still on the grill. Delish!
- Don't bother with the burritos, the tacos here are the bee's knees.
- Newest Mexican place on the UES. Looks like it is going to CRANK once they get their feet underneath them!
- They need to sell their salsa in vats. I crave it.
- Carnitas tacos are 100% legit!!
- Loved the tostadas!
- This place is truly incredible for serving affordable, delicious, authentic Mexican.
- Get that tacos! Skip the tamales.
- Great Mexican food
- Carnitas or al pastor anything. Definitely get the torta