One of my favorite side dishes though is mushrooms. Especially when serving a cut of meat. Grilled steak with mushrooms… the best! Chicken with mushrooms… hello, chicken marsala is my favorite. Pork chops with mushrooms is better than pork chops with apples in my opinion!
I am kind of a sucker for mushrooms though. If they are in a description on a menu, I am pretty much going to order whatever it is. And the real problem? My family doesn’t like mushrooms. Seriously, they are crazy, I know!
Sautéed Mushrooms are one of the easiest side dishes to make, and you can really flavor them however you want to. A little butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning is my go-to. And they are ready in about 15 minutes. Perfect for last minute dinners or impressive enough to grace your holiday table. For some reason people think sautéed mushrooms are hard, and only reserve them for special occasions. But they aren’t!
I have been making these super easy sautéed mushrooms for years. I always make more than I need, so I can have leftovers to mix in whatever I am making the next day. You can use button mushrooms, baby bellas, shitakes… whatever is on sale or is your favorite. The same goes for your spices.
Don’t feel like chopping mushrooms? You can buy the pre-sliced mushrooms and make your life easier. Dress up your holidays and impress your guests with one of the easiest side dishes ever! And be sure to make extra, because you can mix them in your leftover stuffing or green beans the next day.
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, spreading into a single layer. Let cook for 5 minutes before stirring.
- Stir and cook for 4-5 more minutes until the mushrooms are tender and starting to turn golden brown.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
All Clad Stainless Saute Pan
Le Creuset Skillet
Lodge Cast Iron Skillet