$ $ $
1021 7th St NW (Between New York Ave. & L Street NW)
Washington, DC 20001
- There's a world of warm cocktails beyond the hot toddy - order the Scotch Whiskey Skin created by Derek Brown. Its the best hot drink on the menu! Click More Info for the full recipe.
- Matt Ficke is America's greatest bartender.
- D.C.s Columbia Room is almost like a friends chic, inviting living room assuming that your friend mixes up classic cocktails like a pro. This place is all about cocktail craftsmanship.
- Visited Derek Brown & Kat Bangs, who treated us to amazing cocktails paired with small plates in a soothing and relaxing setting. Delightful!
- Looking for a nightcap? D.C. night owls pack the reservations-only lounge.
- A must for anyone that considers themselves a cocktail snob...
- wow. what a FANTASTIC find! the bartenders know their shit - I've never had half as good cocktails. get the a la carte menu!
- Tasting menu not worth it, go a la carte. OR, go to The Sheppard instead.
- Amazing. Trust the bartenders.
- Excllent cocktails. Get the ghost dance.
- Columbia Room gives guests one of the most intimate cocktail experiences in the nation with a bar that seats only 10. According to Jessica Voelker the staff here is never pretentious.
- I've probably drank 200 Tom Collins this year, around the World and tonight's were the BEST!
- Worth every penny.
- Such great pairings of food and drinks!
- Look out for the new WhistlePig 11-year TripleOne Rye with the sleek black label
- Order Derek Browns famous Dry Martini:
- Managing ed. Kay Steiger says: This place serves up a tasting menu of craft cocktails (3 for $67 + snacks -- pricey, but great for a special occasion). Ask for Matt Ficke and tell him Kay sent you.
- Try the Gin Rickey. Want to make this cocktail at home? Find the recipe in "Speakeasy Cocktails" for iPads. http://oapub.co/c48b46af
- "Try the Gin Rickey. Want to make this cocktail at home? Find the recipe in "Speakeasy Cocktails" for iPads. http://bit.ly/foursq_cocktails"
- 10 seats. Reservations only. Go through the back of Passenger Bar and enter the door just past the restrooms.