Charles' Country Pan Fried Chicken
Southern / Soul
2839-2841 Frederick Douglass Blvd (at 151st St)
New York, NY 10039
- Timing the fried chicken is a guessing game. Batches appear at unpredictable intervals. Sample the other entrees and sides, keeping an eye peeled. The baked chicken is nearly the equal of the fried.
- Charles Gabriel is fried chicken royalty, and his North Carolina-inspired pan-fried chicken is undoubtedly the best of its kind. It was listed in The Village Voice's 10 Best Fried Chickens in NYC.
- All you can eat fried chicken and sides. Make sure to update your will before you go.
- who has the best soul food in Harlem? The question ends here once you taste the pan fried fowl. The all you can eat buffet is tops. ignore the waitress' dirty looks if you go for seconds on buffet
- Grammatically incorrect awning makes me chuckle everytime I pass it.
- Hit the buffet and get the fried chicken and the oxtail stew.
- Village Voice is proud to welcome Charles' Country Pan Fried Chicken to the 2014 Choice Eats food fest! http://bit.ly/1cRzdNV. We voted it "Best Fried Chicken in New York"-- try it and you'll see why.
- Don't eat here, I did and got sick
- The online menu is not realistic. Ask what they have. Don't go for ambiance, go for great tasting soul food that will Make you slap ya momma.
- The buffet only seems like a good idea; the dinners are big enough to bust your gut. Delicious greens and macaroni and cheese to match the bird.
- Try the all you can eat buffet
- Some of the best fried chicken I've ever had <3
- Voted best fried Chicken 2013 by Village Voice, means that they have the crown uptown AND downtown. That all you can eat buffet is manned by waitresses that do portion control on their terms not yours
- Best fried chicken in NY! chicken thighs right from the pan was unreal. Buffet is the way to go. Okra w/ tomatoes & corn, smothered fried chicken & rice was so good- banana pudding was dessert!
- The food is good homestyle country cooking!
- scrap the meal: order individual pieces of chicken with a soda/cornbread/side and you've got yourself a deal.
- No deep fryers here. Or real plates, for that matter. But were here for amazing chicken, not a four-star dining experience. And this pan-fried deliciousness is the real deal.
- Not much decor but great food. Really good dinner special. $11 for 2 pcs chicken, 2 sides & cornbread. Fried Chicken, Mac & cheese, collards, and okra are all really delicious.
- The collard greens: simply amazing
- Fried chicky chicken