Movie Theater, Coffee Shop, Bar
32 Home St (at Lochrin Pl)
Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH3 9LZ
+44 131 228 2800
- Free Sunday Doublebills for Cameo Members
- The history of this little art cinema dates back as far as 1914. Cameo has almost all of its original decor intact, and the Edwardian splendour gives the place a special character.
- Lovely cinema, both in atmosphere and architecture in the screens. The bar was refurbished in recent years and is great - filled with armchairs to chill out pre (or post) film.
- Membership is something of a steal - if you intend to be here more than 3/4 times in a year. You can use it at all other Picturehouse cinemas as well.
- Screen 1 is *very* nice, worth making an effort to see films in there.
- Lovely cute indie cinema checkout for double bills on weekends
- They do pint of sausage rolls here :-)
- Still haven't managed to visit screen #1. Convinced that it doesn't exist.
- Great cinema for old movie reruns. Robocop on the big screen, excellent.
- Staropromen on tap.
- featured in the movie "The Illusionist" by same guys who did "triplets of Bellevue"
- my first stop when any new feature (from blockbuster to a random foreign delight) starts playing is Screen 1 at the Cameo Cinema. get there a little early, stop by the bar and grab a pint. stick aroun
- Keep an eye out for member previews, lots of interesting independent fare and stuff from intriguing directors will pop up in those sorts of screenings.
- You can drink your pint in the cinema! Isn't it awesome? Also, the seats were very comfy
- Wasn't quite what expected. No reclining seats and stifling hot. I wouldn't go in summer if you find it too warm. Bar was nice and screen/sound were good though.
- Very nice picture house cinema. Screen one is huge and very comfortable with reclinable seats and quite a good space between them. You should definitely get a membership.
- Amazing atmosphere :) lovely cinema
- Great reclining seats, cheaper than big cinema chains, amazing cookies!
- If you're a student ask about a membership for 15, you get 2 free tickets
- Great place for drinks! Loved the atmosphere!!