Café du Monde
Café, Donuts, Coffee Shop
800 Decatur St (at The French Market)
New Orleans, LA 70116
- "If you're ordering the delicious French-style beignets here, don't wear black." - Conan O'Brien
- Start your day off with a classic taste of New Orleans; coffee and a beignet. As seen on Travel Channels Man v. Food Nation.
- One of my favorite places to eat in New Orleans! - Preston, Real World: New Orleans
- Spill powdered sugar on your pants.
- The quintessential New Orleans beignet experience, especially if you hit up the French Quarter location. Try them with chocolate milk.
- Why are people leaving tips about getting beignets here? It's what they fking serve here.
- Order yourself a bunch of beignets and coffee after partying all night in the city. It will sober you up.
- Do not leave this city without eating a beignet!
- order beignets per person. be sure to cover yourself with napkins unless you enjoy the powdered sugar look
- The divine beignets (doughnuts) at this New Orleans institution are served warm with a generous coating of powdered sugar.
- Come at 4am and eat your beignets with the local musicians. Pro tip: dont breathe out of your nose whilst beigneting unless you want a powder sugar face.
- Get the Cafe Au Lait and an order of Beignets!
- Don't wear a black shirt
- Don't wait in the long line of tourists. The cafe is self-seated, so walk on in and grab a table.
- Try the Cafe Au Lait And Beignets
- Treme happened here. A destination for locals like Creighton Bernette and Antoine Batiste, famous for Caf Au Lait and beignets.
- DON't wait in the long line with the rest of the tourists to get a table!! Go to the entrance next to the building and SEAT YOURSELF like the sign says!
- Sure, the beignets are great, but did you know you can buy the powdered sugar from Leroy just down the street? $80 a gram sounds a bit steep, but it's a tasty pastry.
- A must. It's as simple as that.
- We love tracking the trail of beignet dust along Decatur Street to its point of origin at Caf Du Monde