Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 25-35 minutes
5 tablespoons butter
1 large vidalia onion
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 teaspoons sugar
1 ½ pounds brussel sprouts
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt about half of the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Chop the onion into thin slices and add to skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Sauté the onions for about 10 minutes until golden.
4. Add the vinegar and sugar and stir for about 3 minutes.
5. Cut the brussels sprouts in thin slices, lengthwise.
6. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Sauté for about six minutes.
8. Add 1 cup of water and remaining butter. Sauté for about 4-5 minutes or until water evaporates.
9. Combine onions and sprouts and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
10. Eat as much as you want. I promise you, it’s good.
The post Brussels Sprouts Hash: Not Your Mother’s Brussels Sprouts appeared first on Spoon University.