Baru Bistro & Tapas
- The restaurant, recently featured in Gambit's Five in 5, offers Coastal Columbian small plates feature lots of seafood.
- Great food, horrible service, they were way too slow even for New Orleans standards.
- Tuna tar tar is great
- Ceviche, oysters, and mojito- AWESOME
- Gambit's Best of New Orleans: Best Latin American restaurant
- By far the best latin american cuisine!! Try the oysters, ceviche and the fried fish. Highly recommend it!!
- The Colombian-style fried oysters come with cilantro aioli and caramelized onions.
- The mazorca is amazing
- Great Caribbean cuisine at a reasonable price. Try the ceviche, tapas.
- Fried oysters, carne mechada with yucca
- Best meal I had on both trips to NOLA.
- The yucca fries are amazing.
- I'm a vegetarian and the chef made me this awesome fried plantain with fajitas. Incredible
- Best tapas I've had in a while...sit upstairs, it's a cool space!
- Ceviche and tacos!
- Amazing food and the best margarita in the city to date. The guajillo/salt made it.
- Great food and drinks!
- They have a special: heart. Yes, it's the cow's heart but its really amazing. I also love the skirt steak.
- Gaucho night at Baru Wednesday November 28th (argentinian dinner) call at 5048952225 for a reservation
- Gambit's Best of New Orleans Readers' Poll 2012 Winner: Best Latin American Restaurant