The Barrelhouse Flat
Cocktail, Lounge, Speakeasy
2624 N Lincoln Ave (at W Wrightwood Ave)
Chicago, IL 60614
- Try the blue-cheese-and-mushroom beignets from our 100 Best list:We went for the cocktails. We came back for these meltingly rich puffs.
- Stephen Cole's temple to cocktailing is still shaking things up in Lincoln Park with some deceptively strong craft drinks.
- The cocktail menu is a bit intimidating (7 pages!) but it is divided by drink type with useful words like "bubbles," "stirred," or "egg."
- Must-try cocktail: Creole Cocktail. A seldom-seen classic (bourbon, sweet vermouth, Bndictine, Amer Picon) done exactly right.
- This place features 60+ classic libations like the Ford Cocktail (London dry gin, dry vermouth, Benedictine, orange bitters). Drink some down & soak up the alcohol with the Pig's Face Poutine.
- Enjoy this rotating repertoire of cocktails, and be sure to come back again for next months batch:
- Make a meal out of small plates like the wings, slicked in a gingery soy-caramel glaze and tossed with cucumber kimchi and sip on the perfect stirred Sazerac: http://tmoutchi.us/13EV7jr
- Try the Mamie Taylor, which pairs Scotch with ginger beer.
- Worst old fashioned ever. They start with bourbon then do everything else. Effing terrible.
- Can't go wrong with the creole cocktail, deviled eggs, and chicken and waffles
- You can't go wrong with an Aviation!
- I would like to say Thank You to James Wright!! This is place is a recommended place if you wanna have a good sit down dinner and socialize! The ambience and the atmosphere is great!
- Rude bartenders and bad drinks
- A two-story mixology mecca in the heart of Lincoln Park that boasts more than 70 classic cocktails on its menu.
- I am in love with the clover club...definitely an amazing cocktail! try it
- Great snacks and cocktails. Try the Reply to All or Mamie Taylor. For a quieter setting or a large group, try the speakeasy upstairs.
- A sexy two-floor lounge where progressive bartenders push the envelope when it comes to fun ingredients while still respecting the classics.
- The creole cocktail is excellent!
- Such fun cocktails and atmosphere. Try Pimm's Cup - it's delicious.
- Order the "Purple Fizz"