Supermarket, Grocery Store
1400 NW 56th St (at Market)
Seattle, WA 98107
- Beat grocery option in Ballard. Great produce, big selection of prepared food and an impressive selection of beer and wine!
- Leave plenty of time for wonderment and debate if you plan on visiting the beer section.
- Try the soups!
- Best produce in Ballard.
- Great hard to find produce like Chinese broccoli and Chinese long beans.
- Friendly staff and dwarven dungeons make this grocery a must visit!
- Great beer selection (bring your growler), great meat and produce. Hidden gem: bulk herbs & spices.
- Some employees are rude and snooty here. One would barely let me use a digital scale, another in the sandwiches dept was loud and dismissive. New Seasons Market and Trader Joes a lot friendlier.
- They charge a $5-$7+ markup for Willamette Valley pies (which are normally $9-$11 each direct from Willamette Valley). Expensive but yum.
- Some folks are claiming that Ballard market has a great beer section. Only true if you only like IPA beers. The beer section virtually has nothing but IPA beers nothing else.
- Beautiful vanilla beans found here! But they are limited to 6 per person at a time.
- Beer selection is great, and the produce section is on point.
- Prices so close to okay, you'll want to believe it's all good.
- Kind of pricy
- They have a small but quite diverse bulk area, an excellent place to go if you only need a few things.
- Not the rotisserie chicken. It's deceptively tasty looking but dry inside.
- They carry frozen pizza dough made locally :) Win!
- SNOBS! Especially the expresso bar staff
- Most knowledgeable produce staff in Seattle. If their vast selection is missing something, try requesting it.