Gay Bar, Karaoke
- Where the bears are! The Alley is where burly and beefy gents congregate. Best nights to go are after work on Fridays, Bear Nights on Saturday, and Beareoke (karaoke) Sunday nights.
- Tucked away in an actual alley, and overlooking the harbor, the outdoor setup is a vast improvement on the way people usually drink in alleys.
- Ambiente muy relajado. Mucho oso y cazadores guapos. Debe ser el lugar mas "liberal" de Boston.
- Friendly (least attitude in Boston) bar welcoming all, but especially big/burly/bearish and buddies.
- I absolutely love the Alley bar - mostly gentlemen, large daddy age contingent - truly fab conversation in the post-work pre-club hours if you're an odd duck like me.
- Listen y'all as I'm 3 and a half drinks in the bartender john is fab. Come here feel at home gay or str8 enjoy life. K then will kiss the girl I'm completely in more than like with. Dude have a stella
- Strong drinks, but a noticeable lack of bears on bear night. Lots of straight couples and ladies hanging out. Was hoping for more of a bear bar :/
- Cheap dirty and awesome
- Tip the barmen and be nice - they can make your wait a very long one - they work hard for you!
- Every 2nd Friday of the month Dj Brent Covington & Dj Taffy spin at Fur & Gold, indie rock, new wave, euro pop/indie and more! (10-2). Requests, prizes and music giveaways. Check out www.furgold.com!
- Late night booze.
- Plenty of otters and bears oh my....delicious. A one stop shot that includes everything you are looking for on a particular evening.
- Saturday nights, lack of feminine twinks, bears, real men, friendly bartenders.
- This place was a huge bummer. Bartenders were rude two nights in a row. Well not rude, just ignored us. Not our cup of "tea!"
- Not impressed. Patrons were unfriendly and unwelcoming. Cash only is a joke. What is this, 1972?
- When they say it's a bear bar, they really mean it's a bear bar. Was a little out of place for me.
- Great gay hang-out/cruise bar between Downtown Cross & Gov't Center. Home bar to the Bears. Regularly hosts special events, team nights, etc. Karaoke on Sunday night is a surreal hoot.