Wren Building and Courtyard
Historic Site, Academic Building, Spiritual
- Listen in to a senior moment William & Mary style; you finally get to ring the Wren Bell.
- Although gutted by fire three times - in 1705, 1859 and 1862, the building currently rests on it original foundation built in 1695, making it the oldest academic building in continuous use in the US.
- If you ever have the chance to take a class in the Wren, do it.
- Want to know what an entire campus clapping for you sounds like? Walk through the doors of the Wren Building on Convocation w/ other new students & officially start the school year & your career @ W&M
- Great historical building
- However, visitors to the Wren are kindly requested to refrain from tossing peanuts at students attending classes.