White & Church
281 Church St (at White St.)
New York, NY 10013
- The chef's reined in the concept a bit, swapping out the funhouse furniture for more mainstream digs and the crabmeat ragout for Sicilian-style pasta, a burger and tuna tartare
- Trippy bathroom. No, youre not drunk.
- Best happy hour in town. 5-7pm. Enjoy a cocktail from the liquid kitchen.
- Food is consistently good but dessert is lacking. The flourless chocolate cake is just that... Flourless, barely moist, and served alone. Worth it for dinner though, great ambience.
- Don't listen to Brittany - this place seems good. Sit in the lounge.
- you eat the bugs.
- Try the Tuscan Panzanella Salad - Amazing
- The lasagna & artichoke croquette are absolutely deelish!!!
- Unfortunately, they did away with their insect specialty drinks. They replaced the bartender with the heavy Italian accent and replaced her with the beautiful Izuki. She's a master of her craft.
- I recommend that Raise the Dead; jalepeno-infused tequila, mint, cucumber, and creole bitters.
- White polenta appetizer is fantastic!!!
- Let the mixologist make you whatever is today's special. Tonight it was a cucumber melon drink that was awesome...he knows best.
- Try the Why Not? It's an insect specialty drink that consists of Don Julio tequila, Contreau, sugar, lime, and avocado topped with Mexican dried spicy worms... and it's amazing. Drink up, bitches.
- white Stone martini
- Get the watermelon mojito - perfect summer drink!
- This place just opened up - 3 of their specialty drinks have insects in them; martinis with shave parmesan and 5 bloody Mary alterations - some weird, whacky stuff folks...