Confession time. I made these White Christmas Cocktails just so I could have an excuse to buy fake snow to use as a prop in my photos. You see, it doesn’t snow in Vegas (at least not where I live), so I can’t go outside to gather up real snow to use in my pictures.
I looked around online and found some on Amazon and ordered. It came in two little packets. Just add water!! I poured one packet into a big bowl and had my daughters help pour the water on until the “snow” grew to over a gallon’s worth! Yay for snow in Vegas!
I know many are all about warm drinks in winter with boozy hot cocoas, hot toddy or buttered rums and the like but I still stick to cold drinks. Especially ones made with almost all alcohol like these White Christmas Cocktails, I say they give you a sweater from the inside.
There are many similar versions of a White Christmas cocktail online, I decided to add in my favorite wintertime warm-me-up liqueur, Frangelico. It gives that hint of warmth and hazelnut to the cocktail that, to me, says wintertime. It is one of the liqueurs in my Boozy Apres Ski Tea that I make during winter so I always have the bottle in my liquor cabinet.
I keep the martini glasses chilled before I rim with the white chocolate and sprinkles, and then chill again so the chocolate stays put and doesn’t start dripping down the sides of the glass. If you have the fridge or freezer space, you can prepare the glasses ahead of time.
Stay warm and cozy this holiday season and sip on these White Christmas Cocktails. I know I will be all month long. A cocktail or two takes the edge off when, wrapping presents, baking tons of Christmas cookies or when decorating the tree and the new puppy keeps stealing and eating ornaments.
For the Rim:
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- white sprinkles
For the Cocktails:
- 4 ounces vanilla vodka
- 4 ounces white creme de cacao
- 2 ounces frangelico
- 4 ounces half & half
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave then spread in a circle on a plate. Pour white sprinkles on another plate in a circle the width of the glasses.
- Dip the edges of the glasses in the chocolate making sure it’s even all the way around. Then dip in the sprinkles, scooping up the sprinkles so they are fully covering the white chocolate.
- Place glasses in refrigerator immediately to firm up the chocolate.
To Make the Cocktails:
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice and cocktail ingredients, shake well.
- Divide between the two chilled glasses and serve.
Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker