I’ve had candy bark fever this past year! I’ve never been all that enthusiastic about candy bark, or very interested in making it, but I’ve come around. I thought… it’s just a slab of chocolate. What’s so special about that?
That’s the precise beauty of chocolate bark though! Now I see what I’ve been missing.
I love the endless creative possibilities you get with starting a recipe with a blank sheet of melted chocolate as your canvas. I mean, the entire premise is a huge slab of melted chocolate sprinkled with candy. Sold.
What took me so long?
My candy bark fever started when I made this ultra-delicious tiger butter. From there, my infatuation snow-balled. That tiger butter is a peanut butter lover’s dream! It starts with a slab of melted white chocolate mixed with creamy peanut butter, and is swirled with semi-sweet chocolate, and topped with 3 kinds of Reese’s cups. Did you just die over it? You see how I got sucked into candy bark-making?
Since the tiger butter recipe, I’ve made two different types of Halloween candy barks, the obligatory classic peppermint bark for Christmas, and now I’ve made two additional peanut butter-focused candy barks.
This triple chocolate ultimate peanut butter cup bark is the first of those peanut butter-focused candy barks. I mixed peanut butter with melted chocolate almond bark so that even your basic slab of chocolate has peanut butter flavor! That’s a MUST. The more PB, the better… obvi.
Then I drizzled it with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips, sprinkled it with white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, Reese’s pieces, mini milk chocolate Reese’s cups, and mini white chocolate Reese’s cups.
I don’t think there’s anything else I could’ve done! As a peanut butter-lovin’ fool, this bark ties for first place in my book with the tiger butter. It’s absolutely packed with peanut butter in many forms, and, as the name suggests, contains three different kinds of chocolate.
As if it could get any better, as with most candy barks, this takes only minutes to prepare!
But before we ate it all, I played candy bark Jenga again. That game is fun.
- 24 ounces chocolate almond bark
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 6 ounces reese's pieces
- 20 miniature reese's white chocolate peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped, more or less
- 20 miniature reese's peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped, more or less
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate almond bark.
- Add the creamy peanut butter, and stir until smooth.
- Spread the mixture in a thin and even layer onto the parchment paper.
- Using the same saucepan, melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips over low heat.
- Drizzle the melted chips over the chocolate almond bark on the baking sheet, and use a skewer or knife to lightly swirl.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, Reese’s pieces, and chopped Reese's cups.
- Allow at least 1 hour to set, or place pan in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Break into pieces, and enjoy!
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record