Acadia National Park, ME
- Impossible not to fall in love with nature in this place which is also great for bird or fall photography or simply to relax or visit with family! Perfect to do some hicking too and really worth it!
- Make sure you get there 2 hours before high tide (morning and pm chances) to see the biggest and loudest splashes
- Awesome spot to take in the power of nature. Didnt catch the big thunder this time around.
- Watch your step at the end of the railings. The waves come crashing up and spray you if youre standing close enough.
- This was a interesting site to see in front of my eyes it doesnt really sound like thunder to me but maybe to you it will
- Well worth a visit
- Check the tides, just before or after high tide is best.
- Go even in winter. The stairs and walkways may not be clear of snow (and are very slippery), but it's a stunning view and worthy of exploration. We climbed some of the rocky pillars near the shore.
- Depending on the weather, Thunder Hole itself is not so thunderous even at the requisite time before high tide. However, the surrounding area is wonderful and great to explore.
- Winter and fall probably more exciting but beautiful anytime of year
- You get the most activity 2-3 hours before/after high tide.
- Go within the hour of high tide
- Beautiful drive there. No thunder the day trolley went. Gorgeous pics at sunset! Take your camera.
- Seal spotting!
- Come down to listen to the water hitting this spot.